Virginia Tech®home


Virginia Tech owns a wide range of marks that have been registered with the United States Patent and Trademark Office. You can view most of these marks here.

Alterations of any Virginia Tech marks are strictly prohibited. This includes alterations to the HokieBird.

Anyone wishing to produce merchandise with a Virginia Tech trademark must use a licensed vendor or licensee. It is the responsibility of the licensee to submit the merchandise artwork to the Collegiate Licensing Company for Virginia Tech's final approval.

You can find a list of licensed vendors within the document below.

If you have a product in mind that you would like to purchase and are looking for a vendor who can facilitate that production, you can search here.

The Collegiate Licensing Company acts as Virginia Tech's licensing agent. You can find the full licensing process here.

Jessica Hotter



Sharon Dudding

Program Coordinator


For all general inquiries, please email

If you believe a piece of merchandise is not licensed, you can report the possible infringement to Please include "POSSIBLE INFRINGEMENT" in the subject line of your email with the following information:

  • Company name
  • Location of product
  • URL or link to product
  • Screenshot of product
  • Any contact information for the company

Thank you.