Why Licensed Products?
The office of Licensing and Trademarks promotes and protects the Virginia Tech brand including the name, nicknames, logos, and other identifying marks. Licensing and Trademarks reviews all internal and external uses of trademarks through its partnership with the Collegiate Licensing Company.
Look for the label.
When buying Virginia Tech products and merchandise you should look for the "officially licensed collegiate product" label. The label signifies the product is an officially licensed collegiate product. There are four main reasons to purchase licensed Hokie gear:
- Royalties from Virginia Tech licensed products help fund scholarships across the university.
- Licensed products have been reviewed by the office of Licensing and Trademarks to ensure the Virginia Tech brand is represented properly.
- Companies that are licensed with the university are required to follow strict fair labor practices and adhere to the University's Code of Conduct.
- Unlawful use of Virginia Tech trademarks is subject to legal action.
Think you may see an unlicensed product? Report it to email@example.com. Please include the following information:
- Infringing Company
- URL of Unlicensed Product
- Contact Name and Email