Trainings and Resources
Presentations and Trainings
- What's Changed on Social Media 2020-2021
- 2020 VT Social Media Content Strategy and Best Practices
- 2020 Instagram Stories Training: How to get your audience to stop skipping your Instagram Stories
- 2020 Strategic Communications in a Dynamic Environment
- Training slides (PDF)
- To schedule in-person training for your team or department, please contact Susan Gill at firstname.lastname@example.org
- VT Social Media 2019: Social Media Accessibility
- VT Social Media 2019: Best Practices on Business vs. Personal Use
- VT Social Media 2019: How to Create an Otterly Amazing Social Media Campaign
- VT Social Media 2019: Measuring Success with Analytics
- VT Social Media 2018: What’s Changed and How to Adapt
Resource Network Guide
Departments and offices at Virginia Tech have a growing need for marketing and communications services. Communications and Marketing created this guide to facilitate the process to obtain creative outside/freelance resources to help campus communicators and the university community fulfill needs.
In partnership with the university’s Procurement department, Communications and Marketing identified and vetted vendors in a variety of specialties and secured competitively negotiated university contracts for high-quality creative services. These contracts are available through HokieMart.
Social media vendors are near the bottom of the page in the Resource Network Guide.
- Emergency Communication Guide for Social Media (PDF)
- Social Media Decision Tree (PDF)
- Social Media Campaign Guide (PDF)
- Success Measuring Guide for Social Media (PDF)